A Glimmer of Hope Foundation
Glimmer is hiring a full-time Operations Manager at our headquarters in Austin, Texas. We are seeking someone who is a self-starter and effective communicator to provide direct support to the CEO and senior leadership team, as well as effectively manage various projects and people within and outside of the Glimmer offices. The ideal candidate has at least five years’ experience as an executive assistant, office or operations manager, or project manager. Glimmer is an international nonprofit that is working to end the cycle of extreme poverty in rural Ethiopia.
- People Operations:
- Manage full employee lifecycle processes from recruitment to offboarding for staff and interns.
- Stay up to date on current trends and issues in the HR area. Create processes and policies to establish new internal human resource guidelines for offices in Austin and provide compensation analysis and other HR best practices research.
- As needed, advise the Addis office on HR matters and support the streamlining of processes between offices.
- Update Employee Handbook as needed to keep policies up to date.
- Administer and monitor for compliance all employee benefits and retirement programs.
- Coordinate the employee review process and recommend updates or improvements to the process.
- Serve as the primary liaison between Glimmer staff and the organization’s PEO.
- Office Operations and Administration:
- Manage office management relationships, i.e., with vendors, landlord, service providers, etc.
- Implement Glimmer’s shift to a remote/hybrid work schedule.
- Organize officewide events such as staff meetings, holiday parties, and team building events.
- Stock office supplies, PPE and cleaning materials, and kitchen supplies.
- Answer incoming emails and phone calls and direct inquiries appropriately.
- Help create a welcoming, energizing office environment.
- Organizational Operations and Risk Management:
- Provide administrative support to the leadership team and internal departments.
- Manage all business insurance renewals.
- Assist with booking domestic and international travel and lodging and procure all associated visas and insurance.
- Manage Ethiopian staff when they are in Austin (i.e., pickup/drop-off schedule, appointments, arranging calendar).
- Assist with organizing donor trips.
- CEO Support:
- Provide both strategic and day-to day support to the CEO on operational matters.
- Provide ongoing support by attending meetings, taking notes, following up on requests and responding on behalf of the CEO.
- Support CEO’s communications and meetings with the Board of Directors.
- Manage travel, schedule and other logistics.
- Assist in special projects under the direction of the CEO.
This position will also provide the opportunity to work on other special initiatives and projects in support of our team and the work we do in Ethiopia.
- At least 5 years of experience as an executive assistant, office or operations manager, or project manager. Cross-cultural experience and an interest or experience in international development highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate-level degree preferred.
- Strong project management ability. The ability to manage a wide range of activities, constantly prioritize, produce high-quality work and meet deadlines is necessary to be successful in this position.
- Honest and ethical. Must be able to ensure high levels of confidentiality as they relate to the organization, CEO matters, as well as the integrity, security, and accuracy of all personnel information and files.
- Discerning. You understand how to prioritize high return activities, manage competing priorities and find ways to simplify tasks that drain resources.
- Comfortable with technology. To be successful in the role you need to be proficient in all Microsoft Office products, and comfortable learning new technologies.
- Collaborative: Partnership in creating and executing plans and working across teams and offices effectively are key aspects of this role.
- Meticulous. You understand that every detail matters and are committed to dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s in every project.
What we’re offering:
- Exposure to the people and places of Ethiopia, by being a part of the life-changing work that we do.
- A remote/hybrid work schedule plus a great office space for use when needed.
- A committed and dedicated team that works hard but also takes time to recharge.
- 4+ weeks of paid time off.
- Retirement plan matching up to 3% of your salary.
- Health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Medical and Dependent Care FSA available.
This is a full-time, salaried position based in Austin, Texas, though it will be temporarily remote due to Covid-19. Please submit a one-page cover letter that explains why this position is an ideal fit for your background with salary requirements and a resume. No calls, please. Applicants who do not meet these requirements will not be considered.