A Glimmer of Hope Foundation
MANAGER OR ASSOCIATE, COMMUNICATIONS & DEVELOPMENT
Glimmer is hiring a full-time communications and development manager (or associate, depending on qualifications) at our office in Austin, Texas. We are seeking someone who is a self-starter and effective communicator to be a part of our development and communications team. The ideal candidate has five or more years’ experience in donor management, communications and/or client management. Glimmer is an international nonprofit that is working to end the cycle of extreme poverty in rural Ethiopia. For more information, visit www.glimmer.org.
- Lead the development of grant proposals and reports.
- Inform and implement donor reporting, retention and fundraising strategies.
- Manage a portfolio of donors and serve as main point of contact.
- Develop and manage major content pieces, including case studies, stories, blog posts, data reports, fundraising materials, individual donor reports, etc. Synthesize programmatic information and data into clear, concise content.
- Closely collaborate with monitoring and evaluation, and programs staff in the US and Ethiopia offices to ensure alignment and effective information sharing. Manage designers and other contractors (experience with design software a bonus).
- Proactively identify opportunities to expand the organization’s fundraising outreach.
- Conduct and oversee research projects to inform our fundraising and organizational strategies.
- Inform and collaborate on data visualization via Tableau and other software.
This position will also provide the opportunity to work on other special initiatives and projects in support of our objectives and potentially travel to Ethiopia.
- Experience: At least five years of relevant work experience required.
- Background in nonprofit development, client/donor management, or other fundraising role required; experience with individual or institutional donors, major gifts and/or grant writing preferred.
- Experience managing staff and experience in cross-cultural contexts preferred.
- Strategic planner: To be successful, this position requires the ability to think critically about the best ways to reach our team’s and organization’s goals.
- Strong project management ability: The communications and development manager will effectively manage projects and people within and outside of the communications team. The ability to constantly prioritize, produce high-quality work and meet deadlines is necessary to be successful in this position.
- Effective writer: Organized and clear writing ability is required. Must be able to develop clear, detailed reports on programmatic impact and compelling stories and messaging.
- Collaborative: Glimmer staff members like working on teams with diverse backgrounds to create better outcomes than can be achieved alone.
- Discerning: This role must understand how to prioritize high-return activities, manage competing priorities and find ways to simplify tasks that drain resources.
- Creative thinker: The communications and development manager will consistently develop creative ideas for sharing Glimmer’s approach and impact with various audiences.
WHAT WE’RE OFFERING:
- Exposure to the people and places of Ethiopia, by being a part of the life-changing work that we do.
- A committed and dedicated team that works hard but also takes time to recharge.
- A hybrid work arrangement with access to Glimmer’s offices as needed.
- 4+ weeks of paid time off.
- Retirement plan matching up to 3% of your salary.
- Employer-sponsored health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Medical and Dependent Care FSA available.
- Voluntary benefit programs including holiday savings, identify theft protection, voluntary life insurance, hospital and critical illness insurance, and pet insurance.
- Access to an employer-sponsored Employee Assistance Program.
This is a full-time, salaried position based in Austin, Texas. Please submit a resume, a one-page cover letter that explains why this position is an ideal fit for your background, and your salary requirements. No calls, please. Applicants who do not meet these requirements will not be considered.