A Glimmer of Hope Foundation
MONITORING & EVALUATION ASSOCIATE/MANAGER
Glimmer is hiring a full-time Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Manager (or associate, depending on qualifications) at our headquarters in Austin, Texas. We are seeking a creative and strategic thinker to support the diverse initiatives of Glimmer’s Programs team and conduct tasks related to information management, data collection and analysis. The ideal candidate has cross-cultural exposure and three or more years’ experience in program monitoring and evaluation and statistical analysis. Glimmer is an international nonprofit that is working to end the cycle of extreme poverty in rural Ethiopia. For more information, visit www.glimmer.org.
- Lead implementation and execution of Glimmer's M&E framework.
- Own tracking, data collection and reporting mechanisms for Glimmer programs and M&E teams.
- Review and analyze programmatic reports, highlight impacts and lessons learned, and summarize findings to share within and across teams.
- Facilitate development and standardization of program support tools and process documents.
- Support the communications team in data management for annual and donor reporting.
- Support the systems and operations team in building data visualizations and digitizing data collection tools via Tableau and other software.
- Conduct research to inform Glimmer’s strategic decisions and programming and help Glimmer stay current on global best practices in the development space.
- Represent Glimmer in peer-to-peer learning and information sharing events.
- Performs other duties as required.
- At least three years relevant work experience.
- Familiarity with statistical analysis software (SPSS, STATA, and/or R) and/or data visualization tools strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research, distill and synthesize information, and communicate clearly and concisely in both verbal and written form.
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail, organization, and time management.
- Strong project management skills; ability to lead projects and initiatives, follow standard practices and procedures, and provide oversight and supervision.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in problem solving and initiative to learn new skills.
- Independent, innovative and willing to explore out-of-the-box solutions to complex challenges.
- Multicultural communication skills or previous experience living/working in developing countries preferred; proficiency in a second language a plus.
WHAT WE’RE OFFERING:
- Exposure to the people and places of Ethiopia, by being a part of the life-changing work that we do.
- A committed and dedicated team that works hard but also takes time to recharge.
- A hybrid work arrangement with access to Glimmer’s offices as needed.
- 4+ weeks of paid time off.
- Retirement plan matching up to 3% of your salary.
- Employer-sponsored health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Medical and Dependent Care FSA available.
- Voluntary benefit programs including holiday savings, identify theft protection, voluntary life insurance, hospital and critical illness insurance, and pet insurance.
- Access to an employer-sponsored Employee Assistance Program.
This is a full-time, salaried position based in Austin, Texas. Please submit a resume, a one-page cover letter that explains why this position is an ideal fit for your background, and your salary requirements. No calls, please. Applicants who do not meet these requirements will not be considered.