SYSTEMS OPERATIONS INTERNSHIP
Remote - Austin, TX
Specific duties within the Systems Operations internship may include:
- Assist in the development and continued maintenance of data dictionaries related to Glimmer’s data management systems.
- Contribute to the development of organizational IT and data management materials.
- Assist with development of Tableau dashboards and other data visualization tasks as needed.
- Help document and construct visual maps of Glimmer’s internal systems.
- Contribute to projects that build efficiency between Glimmer’s Austin and Addis Ababa offices.
- Assist with other projects that support Glimmer’s systems integration initiatives and goals as a data-driven development organization.
- You are interested in international development, humanitarian aid, and creating sustainable programming. An internship at Glimmer means you'll be a part of something that helps create change in the world.
- You're independent and innovative yet roll with the punches. We expect creative thinking and solutions from all Glimmer staff and partners.
- You are a self-starter who thinks outside the box and provides real-time solutions with independence. Glimmer’s close-knit departments often overlap, so you have the ability to jump right into group projects, and work with a diverse group of colleagues.
- You stay organized throughout the duration of a project and can juggle multiple projects at a time. You're a firm believer that every detail matters.
- You get things done. You're a pro at meeting deadlines. You are willing to ask questions when you are unsure or need guidance to get the job done. You communicate early on if there is a problem.
- You are knowledgeable and experienced. You have the education and work experience to back up your skills as a communicator and data analyst. This position supports both undergraduate and graduate level professionals.
- Experience with data visualization concepts and software is a plus, but not required.
We're looking for part or full-time interns to support our Austin-based team for Summer 2023. Schedule is flexible, and remote applicants will be considered.
An internship at A Glimmer of Hope is an incredible opportunity for students to gain experience at an international non-profit with a mission to affect change in the world. This is a paid internship that may also count for internship/project credit at your college or university. Payment is disbursed in the form of a stipend upon completion of the internship.